in

MISS ANOINTING AMANAMBU, TWO OTHERS MAKES HISTORY TO EMERGE WINNERS OF THE MAIDEN EDITION OF MISS TEEN GLOBAL BEAUTY NIGERIA, 2020

The beautiful City of Sapele played host to the biggest Teen Beauty Pageant in the history of Nigeria, despite the initial hiccups and restrictions imposed on the world by the ravaging Covid-19 pandemic, coupled with the looming nationwide strike which casted dark shadows on the possibility of holding events in Nigeria, the grand finale of the maiden edition of Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria successfully held in Sapele Local Government Area, Delta State.

This maiden edition, witnessed the conglomeration of the Crème De La Crème of the Society. Amongst those present were top top government officials, high profiled personalities in the business and fashion world, Oil and Gas Merchants and captains of industries from different parts of Nigeria.

The audience erupted with tumultuous applause, when delectably congenial and beautiful Miss Anointing Amanambu, representative from Anambra State, defeated 13 other beautiful teenagers to emerge the first ever winner that will represent Nigeria in March 2021 at the world stage where the Miss Teen Global Beauty International 2021, will be holding in Recife P.E Brazil, courtesy of an all expense paid trip by the official sponsor of Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria, Awaritse Nigeria Limited.

According to the National Director of Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria, popularly called, “Nigeria’s King of Queens, Mrs Gwen Ello Tagbarha, the event was initially scheduled to hold in April 12th, 2020 but was postponed indefinitely due to the Covid-19 pandemic. And because she was given a deadline to crown a winner at least 5 months before the International pageant, she had to reschedule the event for October 1st, 2020, Nigeria’s Independence day, with all necessary precautionary measures strictly in place as directed by the Federal and State Governments respectively, and to ensure that everyone is safe of Covid-19.

While outlining how the winners emerged, she stated that their scores at 70% were taken right from the auditions, home task assignments, behavioral assessment, hard work, attitude, camp activities were all put together and submitted to the judges while their stage performances during the Grand finale has the other half of 30%.

More importantly, the organization ensured that none of the contestants were given tickets to sell so as to let them all compete keenly on an equal footing with no favouritism of any kind.

Inspite of winning an all expense paid trip to Brazil for the International pageant, Queen Anointing, also walked home with the sum of N200,000 in cash, amongst other prizes, while the 1st and 2nd Princesses, Damatie Mamus, Miss Teen Lagos, 2nd princess, Audu Oshuwa Miracle, Miss Teen Rivers, walked home with N150,000 and N100,000 in cash, respectively.

Mrs Tagbarha, who is an ex beauty queen disclosed what the Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria brand is a major platform to groom young girls from the foundation, to become worthy role models, ambassadors and subsequently become useful to themselves and the society at large. Consequently, when they leave to contest at adults pageant brands, they would have been thoroughly grounded and groomed on what is expected of them, therefore, should any organizer tell them anything contrary to what we have been taught, they would then have a choice to decline.

Also, the values of the pageant industry has degraded to the extent that beauty queens are not respected due to the ills being perpetuated by some pageant organizers and some unscrupulous ladies. To this end, the Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria brand is out to redefine, mold and reshape the mindsets of these young teenage girls, as well as the pageant organizers”. She Added.

“I am proud to say that Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria is the biggest and brightest teenage pageant brand in Nigeria today, and with God on our side, we shall continue to work to right the wrongs and subsequently change the narratives of pageantry in Nigeria.” Mrs Tagbarha concluded.

See more photos below…

What do you think?

Written by vozAfric

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Loading…

0

Photos from Bishop Oyedepo’s daughter’s wedding